Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Assemblage Lamp recycled altered art tutorial


                                                                                                                                                                           
I had so much fun creating this piece! I used DecoArt products & some recycled upcycled goodies that would have ended up in the trash so I felt good about that. I used a salsa jar, a burned out lightbulb & a metal base from something my husband de-constructed in his scrapping (metal scrapping...lol) time.
All this fun in one project!
I started with the jar...I used some brown paper from a grocery bag & stamped onto it using some Memento ink then I distressed it with some Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays. Then I used some DecoPage to adhere the paper to the jar. I stippled some DecoArt Media Black Gesso to the lid of the jar & the base & then rubbed it with DecoArt Metallic Luster in several colors. I then made a "socket" from polymer clay for my bulb to set in(this has a battery operated light in it) & I also poured some resin wings. For the final touch I added the paper butterflies which I also made from some printed images.

Feel free to follow along with the tutorial. Here it is all lite-up! I love the way it turned out!
Thank you so much for joining me today & stay tuned because I have loads more to share over the upcoming weeks...Till Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment