Monday, February 4, 2013

 Another Valentine's Day inspired project...Hot glue art canvas! Chipboard mosaics with designs in hot glue, painted with different metallic acrylics. I've created some handmade flowers & chipboard gears done with a bubbled gesso technique & some polymer clay embellishments for added detail.The hanging heart with wings is done the same way with the hot glue & even the chipboard letters have the hot glue detail. The cherub & some of the tiny flowers I received in RAKS. I really had fun with this piece & really like the way the faux copper finish turned out.
 I think the close up of the heart really shows the grungy aged faux copper finish well & the pearl-essence of the wings too.
 I've been working on a few more projects using this technique over the last week but I've been fighting the flu so they're not quite finished yet but hopefully I'll have them done by the end of the week.
 Well that's it for now but I hope to be back soon with some of my polymer clay jewelry photos too.

No comments:

Post a Comment