Saturday, June 22, 2013

"The Twilight Fairy"...Well I'm feeling a good bit stronger today, so I thought I'd share a piece I created while recuperating. I'm not a good patient...I get bored too easy...lol. So I thought I could at least do some polymer clay experimenting & work on a few pieces. I've up-loaded a video on the pieces I worked on & will try to have a tutorial up early next week. I did shoot a few stills of "The Twilight Fairy" pendant I created last weekend...
"The Twilight Fairy"
She was created using the colored pencil transfer method that I showed on one of my past videos. I've used Lisa Pavelka's Magic Glos UV resin over the image with an embossed foil tape outer band. The wings are blue clay with individual feathers on a solid background. I used some black acrylic antiquing & LSG spray in Silent Night Silver then rubbed with Folk Art Metallic Acrylic paint in Blue Sapphire & Metallic Amethyst.
It was good to concentrated on something creative instead of on how cruddy I felt & I'm so thankful to be feeling a good bit better. I'm rarely sick & not used to taking so long to recover. So till next time!

2 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous, Lyn! I love it! The face really draws you in and the wings are fantastic. I love the colors and the whole thing. LOL! I hope you feel better soon. Big hugs!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wendy, I'm starting to feel like myself again. Thanks for the well wish, I truly appreciate it.
    Big hugs right back atcha'
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete