Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Fall with a Bit of Resin

Resin & polymer clay seem to just be made for each other. The deep clear top coat seems to magnify all the luscious details of each layer. Well I've been working with Lisa Pavelka's Magic Glos more these days & here's the results...


 I just love the results using the Magic Glos. Magic Glos is a UV Resin that cure in ultraviolet light...meaning sunlight or a UV curing light(the kind used in nail salons). It's a wonderful product, a bit pricey but well worth it. When I ran out I decided to use another tried & true product...TLS Translucent liquid scupley. Here's the results...
Yep...it's just TLS cure in the oven & then with my heat gun to clarify it.Then I added a coat of glass glaze to add some additional shine. I've done a tutorial for it on my YT channel, so check it out if you've got time...
I'll share the finished piece in the next post.
Thank you so much for stopping by...Till Next Time!

5 comments:

  1. My TLS does not come out from the oven clear and when I use the heat gun it gets splochy, not clear all over. What am I doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peggy, I can be difficult to get good results from the TLS. All I can say is to keep at it with the heat gun but keep it moving. As you can see in the video it did take me quite a while. I also finished it off with a coat of gloss glaze & that did help quite a bit. You could also put it back in the oven for the suggested higher temp of 300. I'm so sorry I can't be more help, Hon. Thanks for stopping by.
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. Are you sealing the inka gold with resin only or do you use another sealant before the resin? Thanks! Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori, no I didn't seal the Inka Gold first but it does get buffed & heat set when I add the embossing powder. It is advisable to make sure any layers are dry before adding the resin. I hope that helps & thanks so much for stopping by.
      Lyn

      Delete