Thursday, October 29, 2015

Halloween Polymer clay & resin Tryptic Frame Decoration



Another super fun project I created using Amazing Clear Cast Resin & Polymer Clay. I created this Tryptic Frame from polymer clay using an image I painted in my Art Journal & then I layered on some resin with glitter embedded in it for a spooky Halloween look.
Image from my Art Journal
 I covered the image with packing tape on both side to prevent the resin from seeping into the paper.

 Then I added it to a layer of polymer clay cut slightly larger than the taped image...I left a little bit of tape showing around the edge just to create a seal.

 I then created a decorative border out of polymer clay & added that to the frame & baked.

Then I created the side panels also out of polymer clay.

 I added some detail to represent bottles & tubes for a Mad Scientist Lab effect, some mica powders add just the right look.

 After baking I added the resin with some glitter just to complete the look.

I really like the way it turned out & it will be the perfect little touch on my Halloween table. I've really enjoyed creating this piece & the Art Journal page was just the right touch for this spooky frame!
Thank you so much for stopping by...Till Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment