Wednesday, August 29, 2018

"Whale Song" Resin Pour Wall Art

Hi everyone Lyn here from LynzCraftz, It's no secret that I love Summer, the Ocean, the Beach, the sound of the waves & the salty sea air so before Summer ends I thought I would get in one last Summer project. I've named it "Whale Song" for obvious reasons...


I first started with a polymer clay whale that I sculpted from Super Sculpey(baked according to package directions) I left it flat on the back so I could glue it down to my mold form & then I used Amazing Mold Rubber to create the mold. It's a 1-2-1 ratio so it's easy to mix & use. After the Amazing Mold Rubber cured & I removed the original it was time to pour some clear blue resin whales using Amazing Clear Cast & Alumilite Dye I mixed up & let them cure. Aren't they cute?


Then using a wooden canvas I had purchased, I painted it with some acrylic paints. Just a basic underwater type background which will get mostly cover up.

Here comes the fun part...I mixed up some Amazing Clear Cast & then divided it into 5 small cups, adding Alumilite Dust to each cup in similar colors to the background in 4 of them in the 5th one I added a bit of Alumilite Dye in White. Carefully pouring each of the 4 colors in their corresponding color area(kinda like a paint by number...lol) & using the stir stick to help move the colors around. I then layed the cure whales into the cure resin on the background & left it to cure for 3-4 hours before continuing.


The final step was to mix just a touch(the tip of my pallet knife) of the Alumilite Metalic Powder in Pearl to another batch of Amazing Clear Cast Resin & pour over the entire piece whales & all.

After letting it cure overnight the results are well...Amazing! You can see the sparkle from the tiny bit of Pearl that I added to the final layer of resin...so pretty! A little bit of work but well worth it in the end.

                                  What end of Summer projects do you have planned?

As always you can find my work on my blog LynzCraftz , on YouTube LynzCraftz , as well as FaceBook LynzCraftz .

Well that's the end for now...Till Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment