Monday, November 11, 2013

The Saloon Girl altered cigar box

Wow, it's been a while since I posted...I've been super busy setting up my etsy shop. It's now open as of today...yeah!!! It took a lot of work to get this far & there's still plenty to do but for now I can take a breather & share my latest project. An altered cigar box which I've titled "The Saloon Girl"...


"The Saloon Girl" altered cigar box

 I took some gorgeous wide lace & using gel medium I glued it to the cigar box top & the hinge. The box was damaged & took quite a bit of repair to be usable so the lace provided extra structure & support for the hinge.I then painted & antiqued the lid using acrylic paint & then LSG sprays.

Some fabric leaves in various colors along with a bit of lace & my handmade flowers cluster around the cuff of my old driving glove(my dog chomped the other one).

I created the faux lock with polymer clay that's been painted & patinaed to match the box. Some painted poker chips & a few playing cards that I found on pinterest finish off the box nicely. I just love the way this one turned out with the shimmer from the LSG to the tooled leather look of the lace, a super fun piece!
Well I hope everyone had a great weekend & thanks for stopping by...Till Next Time!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! This is "to die for" beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you so much, I love to create trinket boxes...jewelry & trinket boxes just go together don't they!

    ReplyDelete