Thursday, April 21, 2016

Mixed Media Vintage Carnival Strength Test Machine Lamp

Can you hear the sounds of the music & games of the boardwalk? Can you smell the corndogs, the waffle cones & cotton candy? Can you remember the fun you had going to the local carnival? Well that was my inspiration for my next mixed media lamp...

   I used DecoArt products for this one...some Weathered Wood Crackle Medium & some Crackle Texture Paste gave the Mega Crackles I was looking for & the bright colors of Americana Paints, an Andy Skinner stencil & some DecoArt Media Antiquing Cream gave it the wonderful aged look I was going for. I did an image transfer onto foam board of the clown face from Graphics Fairy using Decou-page Photo Transfer Medium & an Ink Jet printer image.

Just a couple of scraps of wood, a few wooden stars, a sheet of foam board, DecoArt products & some color changing LED candles & you've got it! Sorry I didn't get a tutorial on video...I messed it up...lol.
Oh well, thanks so much for stopping by...Till Next Time!


No comments:

Post a Comment