Saturday, May 20, 2017

"Tree of New Life" Antiquing polymer clay with acrylic paints

Have you ever wanted to antique your polymer clay pieces but just didn't know where to begin. Well...in this episode of the series on surface effects I'll share just how to do it using acrylic paints.
Here I've used a wash(watered down acrylic paint) of black & raw umber acrylic paints to give the effect of an antique piece of jewelry. It really shows off the detail so nicely.

I used the black to accent the tree/vines &the brown to knock the color of the leaves back. I then gave her face just a bit of paint in warm white so simulate some tattooing.
What do you think? I think she's quite lovely, like a forest spirit.

So check out my YT channel for the latest video in the series for more on this technique.

Well we come to the end of another post...Till Next Time!

As always you can find my work on my blog LynzCraftz , on YouTube LynzCraftz , as well as FaceBook LynzCraftz .

No comments:

Post a Comment