Thursday, February 15, 2018

Like Honey to the Bee Valentine! Crown Canvas


Hi everyone, Lyn here again with Amazing Casting Products DT and this time I've got a really cute project to share! It's a 5"x6" Crown shaped chipboard "canvas" for lack of a better term.






Now first I started off with this vintage Chalkware Salt Shaker that I picked up at a thrift store a few years ago, cute isn't he? Well I needed him to be flat on the back and light enough to use on the project so out came the Amazing Mold Putty. I quickly molded him making sure the Amazing Mold Putty covered him at least half way up the sides and then layed him down on the table to flatten the back of the putty so I could pour him "level". Once cure I removed the salt shaker from the mold and then mixed some Amazing Casting Resin and filled the mold and once that cured I de-molded it.

Then I needed some Bees which I had made for a previous project, again using the Amazing Casting Resin I poured and cured a couple of the bees.


Using a Honeycomb Stencil and some Modeling Paste I added some texture to the background. Then I decided on the placement of the elements for my design.
I then glued down the elements and added some Graphite Texture Paste around them and around the edges and let it all dry.


Then I covered the entire piece with some Gesso to give a uniform surface to paint on.

So then I painted the entire piece with some yellow acrylic paint followed by some orange acrylic paint and then spritzed the entire piece with some water and let it run down the "canvas". I finished it off with a little spray with some pearl shimmer and some Metallic Luster in the Sliver Spark color.

Now for the finish...I mixed up some Amazing Clear Cast with a bit of Alumitite Dye(yellow with the tiniest touch of orange) and let it set in the mixing cup for roughly an hour to thicken up(I needed to to be thick and not runny for this step) I placed "drips" of this "honey" in some strategic places and the tilted the "canvas" at an angle so the "honey" would "drip". You need the Amazing Clear Cast to be thick in order for it not to run off your piece.


                           
                               Cute isn't it? I think so...what will you make for your Valentine?

Well that all for this post...Till Next Time!

As always you can find my work on my blog LynzCraftz , on YouTube LynzCraftz , as well as FaceBook LynzCraftz .



No comments:

Post a Comment