Thursday, February 1, 2018

On the Wings of Love Mixed Media Altered Book



My oven finally arrived!!! Yeah...but now it needs calibrating which I've done the initial steps but it's still baking a little hot, so I've ordered a new oven thermometer just to check to make sure my old one is still working correctly...lol. It will be worth it in the end, I promise!
 Meanwhile I'm still altering things...this time it's mini books. These books are 4x6 inch and came from I believe Oriental Trading Co. So I'm going to order some more of them since I received these in a swap years ago.

Now these little books are canvas covered so basically they are ready for altering. This one was already stamped with some script when I got it but that will get covered up. Then using a stencil by Prima "Damask" I believe with some modeling paste and allowing it to dry. Using some resin pieces from my stash(over pours from other projects)and a Relics and Artifacts face I simply glued them down with my hot glue gun. Now I can hear you all saying "not the hot glue gun, Lyn it wont hold" but since we'll be covering all this up with other mediums I'm not worried. It will hold just fine. Then I covered the whole thing with gesso and left it to dry.

Now I began to paint...first with some Silks Acrylics(any acrylic paints will work) in a few colors and then added some of the Graphite Texture Paste by Prima(I love this stuff) and again left it to dry.


 Now for the fun part...I added a bit of  Black watered down acrylic paint around the resin details and sprayed it with a little water and let it run. Once that dried I brought out the details with Metallic Luster by DecoArt in Silver Spark and Rose Gold. I love, love the way it turned out! Very Romantic I think. It's really so textured and I do love texture! WOW!

What do you think?

Well that's about it for today...Till Next Time!

As always you can find my work on my blog LynzCraftz , on YouTube LynzCraftz , as well as FaceBook LynzCraftz .

3 comments: