Monday, February 12, 2018

Underwater Treasure Box Inspiration

Hi everyone, Lyn here again...this time with some Underwater Inspiration! I'm so ready for warmer weather and I know you are too so I created this fun piece to inspire you.
 First of all it was created from a recycle processed cheese box...lol...I love to recycle cardboard boxes!

The first thing I did was to cover the box completely with brown craft paper, which I also recycled from other packaging. Glued it down with some matte medium and then let it dry for about an hour.


With some texture paste and a couple of stencils I added some texture to the background, I'm kind of crazy for texture...lol...and let it dry again for about an hour.


The I took one of those dollar bin frames from the craft store and a bunch of Amazing Casting Resin pieces from over pours(I have a lot of these in my stash) and glued them down also with the matte medium. After that dried I cover the whole thing with black gesso and again let it dry.

Now comes the fun part...I painted the entire piece with some metallic acrylic paints in blues and greens then after it dried I dry brushed on a bit of silver to bring up some of the details.


Underwater Treasure (front)

Underwater Treasure (back)
I am so in love with this piece the photos really don't do it justice! The colors and textures are so rich and positively dreamy...ok well maybe I'm just dreaming of Summer...lol.

                       What are you dreaming of using Amazing Casting Products to recycle?

Well that's it for this post...Till Next Time!!!

As always you can find my work on my blog LynzCraftz , on YouTube LynzCraftz , as well as FaceBook LynzCraftz .

No comments:

Post a Comment