Monday, October 29, 2018

Happy Halloween Altered Cardboard Coffin





After a couple of health scares and some time off I'm finally back! So I needed a little Halloween fun...lol...an Altered Cardboard Coffin from the Dollar Store, some IOD Molds, Prima Waxes and Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays.






The first thing before I forget...Lightly sand the glossy surface of the coffin. It's so glossy even the gesso has trouble holding on if you don't give it a light sand. I started with some scraps of mail from the trash that I DecouPaged(I use the Matte) down. Only on the back to try and minimize the amount on the surface. The with a Tim Holtz Brick Stencil and some TCW Molding Paste I added some texture here and there.

Couple of coats of black grsso...oh and I used the Spider Web Stencil around the base of the Coffin.



I then came up with something I liked using the Resin pieces I cast from the IOD Molds and glued them down using #D Matte Gel. Then I when around the edges of the resin with Graphite Paste also by Prima.


and then...more gesso...




To finish...a couple squirts of the Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays in Witch's Potion Purple and Screamin' Banshee Black. Then just touch the edges with some of the Prima Finnabair Waxes in the Old Silver, Amethyst Magic and Mystic Turquoise. It's finished!
A Gothic Style Altered Cardboard Coffin to decorate your table and store candy or other goodies in.
That's about it for this post...a little more on my health later.


As always you can find my work on my blog LynzCraftz , on YouTube LynzCraftz , as well as FaceBook LynzCraftz .

Well that's the end for now...Till Next Time!



5 comments: