Tuesday, August 27, 2013

My very first ever...layout!

Wow...I did it! I didn't think it would be my cup of tea but I really did have a blast creating my first ever layout! Created for the Lindy's Stamp Gang August Color Challenge...




This layout is very special to me since the photo is my Husband & I the week before our Wedding way back in 1984. Because of a sever flood in 1990 we have very few photos of our first 10 years together so this one has very special meaning to me as does the 1 Wedding photo that I have. So just looking at this layout makes me smile!

Lindy's Stamp Gang August Color Challenge...my first layout!



I used quite a few techniques on this layout from gesso texture clouds to the hot glue tree branches & even the texture gel waves, I had so much fun! First I mixed the Texture gel with Bahama Blue American paint & Golden Sleigh Bells Magicals into a gorgeous shimmery ocean wave color & spread it with my pallet knife to create the waves. Then I used gesso to create the background texture including the clouds which I pounced on with a stiff brush & the drug out the back edge for a wispy look, I heat set the clouds to get them to bubble a bit for added texture.I then painted the background with American paints in Spiced Pumpkin, Cherry Red & Plum(closest colors I had to the challenge colors). I then added some black paint to a bit more of the texture gel with some Cocoa Bean Copper Magicals & created the leaves & trunk of the tree. I added a bit of texture to the trunk with a metal knitting needle & to the leaves with a stiff brush. After this dried I used my hot glue gun to add the branches to the tree & a few more leaves & sprayed the entire tree top with Cocoa Bean Copper Starburst Spray. I brought out some of the details in the background & the waves with gesso & did a soft edging on the entire layout also with gesso. The dyed cheesecloth is from my stash & is dyed with fabric dye. The fishing net is also from my stash. The sparkly embellishments are K&Co & some of the flowers are Petaloo. The large butterfly is also from my stash. The entire layout has a finished spray of Glitz Sprtiz Cactus Gold & the waves have a final spray of the Tibetan Poppy Teal . I hope I've covered everything, I had such fun & I learned so much creating this layout...it won't be my last.
Thank you all so much for stopping by...Till Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment