Sunday, July 14, 2013

Altered Tin...Sneak Peek!

Today I'm sharing a bit of a sneak peek...This is an up-cycled Christmas cookie tin that I've decided to alter into a trinket box. After sanding the tin I started by painting it with the black Apple Barrel acrylic paint using a coarse brush in a pouncing motion. This helps the paint to stick & not bead up. I added the hot glue dots for rivets & a bit of faux welding detail on the top, although it will probably be hidden by the planned decoration for the top, then gave it another coat of the black paint. I then heat set the paint with my heatgun. After it was completely dry I began adding layers of Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays...I began with Starburst spray in Cocoa Bean Copper then heat set, I followed this same technique of spraying then heating with the remaining colors...Moonshadow Mist in Gossamer Gold, Starburst spray in Mission Bell Brown & then finally Starburst spray in Golden Lump of Coal to add some good shadows. I finished it all off with a coat of satin sealer.
I love the way this piece is turning out so far. The Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays are fantastic for this type project & I've started to use them on some polymer clay pieces with great results so stay tuned for more on that.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend! We are getting some glorious rain...we need it so much! Thanks for stopping by, I'll finish this piece up & be back for an up-date tomorrow. Till Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment