Monday, July 8, 2013

"For the Love of Nature"

I'm often inspired by nature when working with clay & with other materials as well so today I thought I would share a few Nature inspired pieces. Natural colors & shapes, textures & images are all capture here in polymer clay...
   This first piece is a faux GoldStone & is set in a gold clay bezel that has been rubbed with some copper pearl-ex powder . The stone is glazed with liquid Sculpey & it was the first time I had tried it. It was a bit messy but gave some great results.
"Falling Copper Leaves"
 This piece a collage piece created using a mold I made from an old cigar snuffer. The base is a tree stump in brown clay with some gold clay leaves & the whole piece is rubbed with some antique gold pearl-ex powder. The face is a mix of green clays & the acorn dangle is gold clay also. The entire piece was then glazed with a satin sealer after being antiqued with some black acrylic paint.
"Ode to the Green Man"
 This piece features a faux sandstone center stone & accessory beads in a faux cactus skeleton bezel. I actually molded the bezel from a piece of cactus skeleton & then antiqued it in a burnt umber after baking. The small light colored accessory beads show the color of the clay mix I used in the bezel before antiquing.
"Desert Sands"
 This piece is a green "PearlStone" created with layers of transparent & pearl clays in green. A clay tree branch bezel with leaf bail & matching dangling leaves down each side, hugs the centerstone & a burnt umber antiquing finishes it off very nicely.
"Forest Amulet"
Whew...that's it for now. I'm off to rest my poor toe...kicked the bloomin' chair & broke one of my little toes. Grrr...& on the same foot that just got off the injured list. I guess it felt left out when the leg & the foot were broke...lol! Well Thanks for stopping by...Till Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment