Thursday, July 11, 2013

"It's a Bird, It's a Plane...No It's a mini"

Well...a not so Mini...lol! Back to a little paper crafting. I used a Maya Road Dress Form Mini & the Prima Welcome to Paris collection to create this "Retro Fashions" mini album. As you may know I love themed projects so I tried to keep a seamstress/ dress makers shop in mind while working on this mini album. It might possibly hold some wallet sized photos & there's plenty of room for journaling inside but the pages are quite "mini". My goal here was to use up what were for me some challenging products. The 6x6 paper pad was the first challenge since I usually work in a much larger scale, second was the dress form pages themselves. I've also uploaded a YT video if you'd like to see the complete project.
"Retro Fashions" mini album cover
 The patterned paper on the cover is from the ColorBok Vintage Treasures collection & the zipper pull is a Prima embellishment. The flowers are all my own handmade fabric & paper flowers & the buttons are from my stash.
"Retro Fashions" mini album

"Retro Fashions" mini album spine
 The spine is embossed using the Cuttlebug DeVine Swirls folder & the paper rosette is made of paper from the ColorBok collection also...& so is the inside cover paper.
"Retro Fashions" mini album inside

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRPrrgtihYQ&list=UUcCXHSCqnDifufXItxRimSw&feature=player_detailpage

The dress forms are all dress in the Welcome to Paris collection by Prima & I've fussy cut elements from the collection to use as embellishment throughout. Black paint & embossing powder gives the tops & the dress form stand the look of painted metal. I've also used some trims & bling from my stash to complete the mini & bring it all together with an accordion binding.
That's it for this evening. Thanks so much for stopping by...Till Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment