Wednesday, July 17, 2013

"Color Your Dreams" Altered Tin



This is another altered tin done using a Christmas cookie tin. Done in an altered steampunk style, I used the hot glue gun again for the main texture...rivets & welded metal. Again I've used the Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays to give the copper paint a grungy aged look. I've also used them throughout the piece...on the gears, the flowers, the paper & as an over all spritz just to tie it all together. I've used a few of my polymer clay pieces & some embellishments from my stash, some copper chain & even some recycled pieces the my Husband brought in. Lot's of fun textures in the piece & I altered a dial from a compressor of some sort in to an "earth clock" ( just a fun, made up piece). Lastly I used Crackle Accents on the title of the piece...


"Color Your Dreams" altered tin





"Color Your Dreams" with flash

"Color Your Dreams" with flash to show detail
A few of the photos are with the flash just to show some of the details a bit better. I just love the way this piece turned out. The rich warm metallic colors are some of my favorites.
Thank you so much for stopping by today...Till Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment